Dishes from beans and other legumes are an important part of the Greek diet. In the past, when meat was a luxury, beans were often a source of protein in the local diet. That's why in the Greek cuisine we have a whole wealth of dishes based on legumes. The best-known examples of Greek dishes are gigantes Plaka , fasolada or fava . Although today the availability of meat is incomparably greater, however, Greeks still often reach for traditional dishes with legumes, which are served as the main meal.
Today we present a recipe for beans in tomatoes, which is another dish of this type. Its preparation is easy and less labor-intensive than eg giant gaps. It is worth trying them because it is tasty and healthy.
1. The preparation of this dish should start with soaking the beans. It's best to do it in the evening and leave the beans in the water all night long. Then, the right dish can be prepared the next morning.
2. After soaking and draining the bean seeds, they should be rinsed. Then after pouring into the pot, pour them with water so that its level reaches 2-3 cm above the beans.
3. Bring to a boil, and then cast water. Refill the pot with cold water, bring it to the boil again and after reducing the heat, boil it for about 45 minutes to an hour.
4. In a separate pot in olive oil, fry chopped onions until they are glazed. Then add garlic, mix and fry for about a minute.
5. Next, add the cooked and previously drained beans from the water to the fried onion. Mix thoroughly so that the whole bean is covered with oil.
6. Then add chopped tomatoes and about ½ glass of hot water. Season the dish with pepper and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer until the beans are completely soft. The time of preparation of this dish depends on the size of the bean used. The smaller one will take about 25 minutes, the larger one will require 45-60 minutes of cooking. At this time, the bean absorbs excess water and reaches the proper softness. If necessary, when cooking, add some water so that the beans do not burn.
7. Add the chopped parsley to the finished dish and mix. We serve the dish with crushed feta.
Recently, we served a recipe for a spicy pumpkin pie baked in a sweet version. This, of course, is not the only way to prepare this universal vegetable. Greeks often also prepare a pumpkin roasted in filo, but with the addition of cheeses, on the salty.
Baked lightly crunchy potatoes are very popular in Greek houses. It is an excellent addition to various dishes of meat or fish. For their preparation we need three basic ingredients that are added to most Greek dishes: olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Slowly baked potatoes absorb a lemon aroma that is slightly palpable while eating.
Italian Fennel is a common ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine. In Greek cuisine, its characteristic slightly aniseed flavor can be found, among others, in sensational kaltsouni and pitta casseroles. Today we would like to share with you the recipe for pitto with Italian fennel.
Z pewnością wypróbuję ten przepis, bo własnie niedawno robiłem Fasoladę wg Waszej instrukcji i wyszła rewelacyjnie.
Bardzo się cieszymy że smakowała Ci fasolada :) Mamy nadzieję ze fasola w pomidorach też będzie kulinarnym sukcesem ;-)
Wypełnij poniższy formularz aby dodać komentarz
lub kliknij w poniższy link aby skorzystać z możliwosci komentowania przez facebooka: