This is one of our favorite salads of Greek cuisine. Along with the appearance of the young bean on sale, we absorb a lot of it. For a salad to come out tasty beans must be young, so in our latitude we can enjoy it for a very short time.
This way of using this known and commonly liked plant is unknown in our country but it is very tasty and the combination of all the flavors contained is surprising.
Try it while it's fresh beans!
1. Cook the fresh beans until soft in salted boiling water, then peel the skin.
2. As we cook, we prepare dressing. We mix olive oil, peel and lemon juice, garlic, sugar and pepper. It is necessary to mix it again before being poured.
3. With dressing, pour still warm beans and sprinkle with crushed feta cheese. Add chopped spring onion, mix carefully and sprinkle with chopped dill.
4. Cut the cooked eggs into quarters and place them around the edge of the bowl.
5. The salad is served with lemon eights.
Recently, we had the opportunity to eat cauliflower in the form of a salad prepared in a Cretan way. Onions added to cooking neutralized some of its aroma and flavor, making it more mild. Cretan olive oil, parsley and lemon complemented the taste.
Halloumi cheese is one of our favorite Greek products. When grilled, it is an excellent snack and addition to other mezes. Recently, while studying our new acquisition, Vefa Alexiadou's lucky book on Greek cuisine, we found a new way to serve halloumi cheese.