Insane taste, cheerful green, eye-catching young bean paste is one of the simple and quick to prepare meze. Served with a piece of good bread is the quintessence of summer. You have to hurry with it because a young, good broad bean disappears quickly. This paste is so good that you will miss it the following summer. An alternative to autumn may be dried bean paste , but it already has a slightly different taste, and the color is not so inviting.
The biggest challenge is to balance the taste well. So you can not overdo it with the amount of onion so that the paste does not acquire a characteristic onion flavor. Onions only have a slight curl and do not dominate the delicate broad beans. Therefore, if you do not know how much to add, it is better to give less at the beginning and after testing the taste, if necessary add some more.
The last important ingredient is good olive oil, that is, slightly peppery, distinct in taste.
1. Beans should be cooked in salted water until soft.
2. After cooking, drain the water, wait for a while to cool a little and peel off the shells.
3. Grate the onion on a fine-mesh grater. After the clash, no chips should be visible, only onion pulp. Onions in this form will perfectly blend into the consistency of the paste.
4. Transfer broad beans and onions to the chopper, lightly salt and add some freshly ground pepper. We pour in about 2 tablespoons of oil and start mixing. The paste should have a smooth and slightly fluffy consistency. If, after trying, it is too dry, add more oil and mix again.
5. And that's it. You can already enjoy this unique taste.
Halloumi cheese comes from Cyprus, where its average consumption per capita is 8 kg per year. It is a white, semi-hard cheese made from unpasteurised sheep's milk, from a mixture of sheep and goats, possibly with the addition of cow's milk. Halloumi taste is sometimes enriched with the addition of mint.
The best to prepare will be big meaty black Greek olives called throubes. Alternatively, you can use the more popular kalamata variety. However, if you can not use whole olives, you can use the finished paste as we wrote above. However, it should be noted that the list of ingredients is as short as possible and devoid of E-chemistry.
Kalitsounia is a quite labor-intensive dish similar to the dumplings. Like them, they can contain various types of filling, both in the salty and sweet versions. However, in contrast to the calitsounia dumplings, they are deeply fried in deep oil or baked in the oven.