(portion for 2 people)
An omelette is an excellent snack that will give you the right boost of energy to start the day. In Greece, versions of this dish are quite popular with the addition of various types of vegetables, such as zucchini, spinach or tomatoes. Below, however, we would like to present to you a slightly original recipe referring to the Greek omelettes, in which the main additions are asparagus, spring onion and feta. These ingredients form a very tasty combination that should appeal to all lovers of green asparagus and omelettes.
1. Peel the bottom of the asparagus from the hard skin and then cut the woody ends.
2. Pour the eggs into a small bowl, add salt and pepper, and then gently whisk them with a fork.
3. Chop the asparagus cut into 2 or 3 pieces in olive oil using a medium-sized pan. Remember that if in the last stage you want to bake this omelette, the dish must have a metal handle or one that is made of high temperature resistant material.
4. At the moment when the asparagus peels will take on an intense golden color, put the onions diced into pans on the pans. We cook it until it is glazed.
5. Pour the eggs into the pan while trying to cover its entire surface. Optionally, sprinkle the whole with finely chopped chives.
6. When the bottom of the omelette is cut, remove the pans from the burner, and put the pieces of feta on top.
7. Then, for a few minutes, put the pan in the oven preheated to 160'C. Omelet the omelette until it is fluffy, and its surface will be browned.
8. If you do not use the oven after pouring eggs, immediately scatter feta pieces on them and cover the pan with a lid. We cook it until the top part of the eggs is cut.
Zucchini in Greek cuisine is ubiquitous. Kolokithopita is in Poland a less known way to use this popular vegetable. Kolokithopita in taste is very subtle and delicate, so combining it with, for example, tzatziki sauce will cause that the garlic contained in the sauce will dominate its taste.
Spanakorizo is a very classic vegetarian dish of Greek cuisine. Rice combined with spinach and lemon juice is a simple and healthy dish, which is worth preparing when fresh spinach is available. It can be served as an appetizer or an independent dish. Spanakorizo is also worth sprinkling with crumbled feta cheese.
Recently, we served a recipe for a spicy pumpkin pie baked in a sweet version. This, of course, is not the only way to prepare this universal vegetable. Greeks often also prepare a pumpkin roasted in filo, but with the addition of cheeses, on the salty.