Cretan cleanse is a plant that has recently gained considerable publicity and popularity. It is worth mentioning that drinking the infusion from the dried leaves of this plant does not allow you to enjoy the fullness of its healing power. The vast majority of substances that are characterized by strong antiseptic and anticancer effects are not soluble in water. A much better way is to make a tincture based on about 60% alcohol. The recipe for its preparation can be found below.
1. Peel the leaves from the dried plant, then use a mortar to crush them into a relatively homogeneous dust.
2. Prepared leaves pour into a bottle in which we will make a tincture. Their amount should be about 1/3 of the volume of this vessel.
3. Next, pour alcohol into the bottle (about 60% spirit), the volume of which will be approximately twice as large as the volume of crushed leaves.
4. Leave the prepared mixture for a period of about one month, trying, however, once in a while to intensely stir the contents of the bottle.
5. After a month, the solution should be ready. Using a paper filter, or a very fine sieve, we separate the leaves from alcohol. The obtained liquid should have a deep green color and be fairly transparent.
6. In order not to consume so strong alcohol, whose taste and smell can not suit everyone, we recommend making a syrup. Its execution is very simple - just add an identical part of the honey to the purge extract. The ready mixture should be left to rest for a while, so that both components will merge well together. A spoonful of ready syrup should be consumed 2-3 times a day.
Frappe is easy to prepare and ideal for hot weather. To prepare it in home conditions, a shaker is enough for a simple jar. To make the coffee dissolve well in cold water, it is worth choosing the one that has the form of a small powder.
Restsina is one of the most characteristic drinks served in Greece. Opinions about its expressive taste are usually very divided and most often form part of the scheme that either hates or loves it. It is worth knowing that for some time, due to some producers, this image has undergone some changes. Conscientiously prepared retsina based on carefully grown grapes can be a wine that is not only delicious for most people but also a perfect complement to Greek dishes.
Crayfish is widely available in Crete and even in the smallest supermarket you can easily find this alcohol on the shelves. Typically, these are local "brands" that were distilled on site. Cretans are happy to treat tourists and guests with this drink. In traditional taverns, glasses of raki often appear after a meal.