Eggplants are a popular ingredient of Greek dishes and can be found in flagship dishes such as moussaka or briam. The main role of aubergines also play in papoutsakia, imam bayildi and melitzanosalata. For these tasty dishes you need to add another Greek way to prepare this vegetable, or eggplant with feta.
1. Eggplants should be cut along, sprinkle with salt and leave for half an hour. After this time, when the vegetables are allowed to juice, rinse them under running water and dry them well with paper towels.
2. Warm the oil in a frying pan and put the aubergine halves. We fry each of them from both sides until the skin turns slightly brown.
3. While the eggplant is fried, prepare a sauce on a separate pan. We put the garlic pressed through the press on hot oil and fry it for no more than a minute. Then add either canned tomatoes or fresh grated vegetables. Season the whole with salt, pepper and oregano and fry until some of the water evaporates, and the sauce itself will become quite thick.
4. Just before the end of frying, add chopped parsley and some crumbled feta to the tomatoes and mix the ingredients.
5. Put fried aubergines into a small ovenproof dish sprinkled with olive oil, arranging them with a cross-section up. The size of the dish should be chosen so that the aubergines do not tip over.
6. Put the sauce on each half of aubergine and finally sprinkle with the rest of the crumbled feta.
7. Put the dish in the oven preheated to 170 degrees and bake until the eggplant is soft. It usually takes about 30-40 minutes.
We serve the dish hot.
The genesis of pizza is not as unambiguous as it was thought to be, because it was the ancient Greeks began to bake herbal flat bread with oil and garlic. Although the pizza rather does not belong to the canon of Greek cuisine, the modern Greeks form their own version of pizza based mostly on local vegetables, cheeses, and also olives.
When you ask a local resident in Greece what a delicious dish you can do with green peas, the answer probably will be: Αράκας Λαδερος! This dish from the first moment has also become one of our favorites. At the outset, it is worth noting that to prepare it you do not need many products and time-consuming preparations. In addition to fresh or frozen peas, only onions, carrots, potatoes, good home-made tomato puree (or fresh tomatoes) and dill will be necessary.
Depending on the region, its preparation and components differ slightly. That is why today we provide a recipe for a slightly more complex version of this delicious vegetable casserole. You will need a little more ingredients to make it, which will be layered in different layers