Greeks often use oranges to bake cakes and prepare desserts. Today we present a recipe for slightly less known but very easy to prepare Kéik portokáli cake, which is liked by all those who tried it. The juice of freshly squeezed oranges and spicy spices are responsible for its refreshing taste, and the simple execution will make this cake can be prepared very quickly in an "emergency" situation.
It is important to add freshly squeezed orange juice (preferably Greek), because the ready-made juice from the carton is usually reconstituted from the concentrate, completely unsuitable for this type of baking.
Some Greeks orange cake soaked sweet syrup also made of orange peel and sugar, but it is not necessary. In our opinion, the cake without this addition is equally delicious and quickly disappears from the plates. However, if someone would like to try this version too, at the end you will find a recipe for a simple syrup, which can be soaked in this cake.
1. Pound the oil with sugar and add the rest of the ingredients. At the end, add the flour slowly and mix until a thick mass is formed.
2. Spread the baking form with butter, pour the dough and bake for one hour at 180 degrees. For this cake will be better form wider to make the cake was not too high. It's best if the ready-baked cake gets a fairly thick cake.
3. After baking and cooling, the dough is basically ready to eat. As we wrote, there is no need to soak it with syrup.
However, if you plan to saturate the dough with syrup, then it should be cooled down first. During this time, we prepare syrup.
4. To a small pot we add water, sugar, grated lemon and orange peel and cinnamon stick.
5. Bring to a boil and then cook for about 5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
6. Then remove the pot from the fire, add honey and after mixing, soak the dough with hot syrup. We leave them at night so that the dough absorbs most of the syrup.
Semolina halva is a traditional Greek dessert popular especially during fast times. It is very sweet, fattening and quite heavy, so do not overdo it with the size of the portion. Such halvah does not require baking, and after preparation it should be stored in a refrigerator and served chilled.
Rizogalo is a creamy Greek pudding prepared on the basis of rice and milk. The name of this dish is derived from these two ingredients: ρυζι - rice - rice; γάλα - gála - milk. An addition that will enrich the taste can be orange or lemon peel, which we add during cooking. Rizogalo ideally suited to the form of dessert, snacks during the day or as an addition to breakfast.
A gdzie jajka w przepisie?
W tym przepisie nie ma jajek. Składniki są dokładnie takie jak widzisz na stronie.
Tragedia! tysiące kalorii w tym cieście!
No jak zjesz je sama w całości i od razu to z pewnością będą to tysiące kalorii. :P Jeśli szukasz dietetycznego przepisu na ciasto to jednak nie w kuchni greckiej.
Zresztą polskie ciasta robione na bazie całej kostki masła też mają mnóstwo kalorii. Wszak kaloryczność tłuszczy jest zbliżona.
Wypełnij poniższy formularz aby dodać komentarz