Baked lightly crunchy potatoes are very popular in Greek houses. It is an excellent addition to various dishes of meat or fish. For their preparation we need three basic ingredients that are added to most Greek dishes: olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Slowly baked potatoes absorb a lemon aroma that is slightly palpable while eating.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them lengthwise into quarters or eight.
2. In a deep dish, cut the chopped potatoes thoroughly with the remaining ingredients.
3. Then, put everything into a deep baking tray or into a casserole and put in an oven preheated to 190 degrees.
4. In addition, the taste of potatoes can be enriched even by the position of a sprig of fresh rosemary and sprinkling with coarse-grained sea salt.
5. Bake without covering the pan for about an hour until the potatoes grow crispy.
Briam is one of the most popular vegetable dishes in Greece. It is a classic casserole in which potatoes, eggplant, zucchini and onions seasoned with herbs and olive oil permeate each other with their flavors and aromas.
Beans with spinach are another simple, traditional dish. The secret of its taste is cooking mavromatika beans with fresh spinach and tomatoes.
I have never had a good opinion about stuffed vegetables. I always associated them with a bland and not very tasty dish. Until I came across a Greek way to prepare stuffing. The proportions and its ingredients are excellent, so stuffed peppers for good has settled on our table. And the Greeks once again proved that they know how fantastic vegetables can be made. The dish needs a lot of ingredients, but the compilation tastes great, so you should not eliminate anything. If you get some stuffing, you can use it to stuff tomatoes. It will also be good, although the pepper works better due to the specific, distinctive taste. As in the case of other dishes in which feta occurs, do not use its Polish or German substitutes, because these cheeses taste completely different than the original Greek feta, which combined with a large amount of herbs clearly enliven the taste of the dish.