Tirokafteri is a Greek dip made on the basis of feta, excellent for bread or grilled vegetables. The way it is seasoned differs depending on the region of Greece. You can find versions with the addition of garlic, lemon juice, hot pepper or oregano. In the most orthodox version it consists only of feta, olive oil and hot pepper. We liked tirokafteri with the addition of Greek yogurt, which soothes the taste of feta and hot pepper, and at the same time allows you to achieve a much lighter consistency.
Tirokaferi is very simple and quick to cook. It's enough to mix ingredients together and you can already serve it as a meze with delicious bread. We strongly urge you to try this slightly spicy paste.
1. Cut the peppers along, remove seeds, and then chop in a crusher.
2. Of course, feta with yoghurt can be mixed by hand, but it will be much easier to do this with a blender in which we previously chopped the pepper.
3. After pre-mixing the dairy products and peppers into a blender cup, pour in a measured amount of oil and vinegar, then stir again until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
4. Put the ready paste into an earthen bowl, which will absorb excess moisture. This is especially important if you plan to store it until the next day.
5. Paste no salt, because a sufficient amount of salt is already in the feta itself. After putting it into a bowl, sprinkle the whole with wild mountain oregano from Crete. This dish tastes best together with fresh bread.
Feta from the oven is a great way for a quick and very tasty dish that will appeal to fry-eaters and lovers of Greek cuisine. The absolute condition of success is the use of the original Greek fete and not the Polish substitute, which has nothing to do with real feta. As with other dishes, there are several ways to prepare feta from the oven. If the dish is to fulfill the task of a snack, we only need one feta packet for 2 people.
Melitzanosalata is another application of popular aubergines in Greece. Delicious pasta, in which the main role is played by this unique vegetable, can be an addition to meat dishes but above all it will be great as a bread paste with which it really tastes great. It is easy to prepare and it is worth doing in the summer when fresh local aubergines are available.