Greek cheese balls fried in deep oil, probably some of you know from vacation journeys. The Greeks serve them with lemon, which emphasizes the taste of melted cheeses. The rich composition of the taste is thanks to the three cheeses from which they are made. Slightly spicy salty feta, sweet and soft Gouda and mature cheddar complement each other, but their flavor can be enriched by adding herbs, such as mint. This tasty snack is unfortunately a good calorie bomb, so if someone counts calories, Tirokroketes will not be a good choice.
1. The preparation of cheese balls begins with grating cheese on a grater and mixing their bowl together with egg, flour, milk and pepper. If necessary, you can add a little milk more. It is important that all components are combined with each other and that a compact ball can be formed from them. From the above amount should come out about 16-18 balls.
2. Put the prepared mass into the fridge for about 45-60 minutes.
3. From the pre-prepared mass, form balls with a diameter of approximately 3-4 cm.
4. Each of them we roll in flour and shake off its excess.
5. Fry them in deep oil preferably in a saucepan. The oil must be very hot. Frying takes very long, just enough to make the cheese balls take on a golden color.
6. Put fried truffles on paper towels to drain them from excess oil.
Serve warm together with a quarter of lemon.
Halloumi cheese comes from Cyprus, where its average consumption per capita is 8 kg per year. It is a white, semi-hard cheese made from unpasteurised sheep's milk, from a mixture of sheep and goats, possibly with the addition of cow's milk. Halloumi taste is sometimes enriched with the addition of mint.
Feta from the oven is a great way for a quick and very tasty dish that will appeal to fry-eaters and lovers of Greek cuisine. The absolute condition of success is the use of the original Greek fete and not the Polish substitute, which has nothing to do with real feta. As with other dishes, there are several ways to prepare feta from the oven. If the dish is to fulfill the task of a snack, we only need one feta packet for 2 people.