Opening of the Samaria Gorge 2020
From the nearest Saturday, June 27, from 7.00, admission to the Samaria Gorge will be opened. Due to such a late inauguration of the season, the access will of course apply to the entire length of the trail from Xyloskalo to the lower end point located in the area of the old village of Agia Roumeli.
The park authorities reserve at the same time that the decision on the possible accessibility of the trail can be changed. In particular, this may apply if the weather conditions change drastically (e.g. very heavy rainfall is forecast).
During the announcement of this information, guidelines related to the health protocol in force in the Samaria Park were also published. Let's just remind you that last week these regulations remained a great unknown, and local authorities alerted them to the need to develop them. We wrote about it in one of our earlier news.
If you are planning a visit to the Samaria Gorge this year or are just wondering what the health protocol in force looks like, then its details can be found below. Fortunately, these are not very extensive guidelines and come down to just a few points:
- all visitors to the gorge are advised to maintain adequate distances from other tourists;
- masks for staff are mandatory in all places where a larger number of people gather, other areas of the gorge masks are recommended (but not required);
- the use of protective gloves is optional for staff;
- visitors are advised to avoid congestion at the entrances and at the checkout points;
- dispensers with antiseptic solution will be installed at the ticket office, and the employee selling tickets will be protected by a suitable cover;
- drivers driving visitors to the gorge are required to use face masks when they are driving a vehicle in which tourists are;
- people using individual antiseptics are asked for responsible handling of solutions based on flammable alcohol for reasons of fire protection.
Of course, apart from the health protocol, all tourists visiting the gorge also have standard rules. Some useful information and tips prepared by park employees can be found below:
- follow the instructions given by the park guards,
- stick to the marked routes and do not deviate from the main marked trail,
- for the most part of the route there is no mobile telephony coverage, and thus it is also not possible to call for help by calling the emergency number 112. All dangerous situations should be reported to the guards who have the appropriate communication equipment,
- pay special attention to fire protection (in particular, smokers),
- entrance to the park is only possible for people who have appropriate footwear adapted to the conditions on the trail. Remember also to take sunblock and appropriate sun-protecting clothing (the last section of the trail leads in the open),
- overcome the trail without unnecessary rush. Appreciate the nature around you.
see other news from this month »
Wszystkie treści i zdjęcia występujące w serwisie są naszą własnością.
Wykorzystanie ich w dowolnej formie wymaga pisemnej zgody autorów.