Baked lightly crunchy potatoes are very popular in Greek houses. It is an excellent addition to various dishes of meat or fish. For their preparation we need three basic ingredients that are added to most Greek dishes: olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Slowly baked potatoes absorb a lemon aroma that is slightly palpable while eating.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them lengthwise into quarters or eight.
2. In a deep dish, cut the chopped potatoes thoroughly with the remaining ingredients.
3. Then, put everything into a deep baking tray or into a casserole and put in an oven preheated to 190 degrees.
4. In addition, the taste of potatoes can be enriched even by the position of a sprig of fresh rosemary and sprinkling with coarse-grained sea salt.
5. Bake without covering the pan for about an hour until the potatoes grow crispy.
The genesis of pizza is not as unambiguous as it was thought to be, because it was the ancient Greeks began to bake herbal flat bread with oil and garlic. Although the pizza rather does not belong to the canon of Greek cuisine, the modern Greeks form their own version of pizza based mostly on local vegetables, cheeses, and also olives.
Gigantes Plaki is a popular Greek dish, which consists of a large bean baked in a tomato and herb sauce. Perhaps some of you during your holiday have already had the opportunity to try this delicious and filling meal. If not, it is worth to prepare them at home. It should also appeal to vegetarians, because vegetables prepared according to Greek recipes are full of flavor and very aromatic.